MVA Mission Statement -
Partnering with families and the community, McDowell Virtual Academy will provide each of its 6-12 students flexible learning choices that are relevant and rigorous to prepare them for college, careers and the global community of lifelong learners.
MVA Vision -
To inspire lifelong learners through challenging and flexible personalized learning.
WELCOME TO MCDOWELL VIRTUAL ACADEMY!
Staff contact information and Google Meet Codes page:
NCSTAR Guest Login for MVA username GuestS20347 - password GuestS20347
(We welcome any feedback from the community on our school improvement plan. Please click here to give us any feedback.)
Low Performing School Letter to Parents
LATEST ANNOUNCEMENTS AND INFORMATION
Club Day - Our next club meetings will be Wednesday November 30th at 12:30.
Our next in-person day will be Friday, December, 9th. This will also be Picture Retake Day. Please let us know if you are attending by Wed. 12/7.
Need Math Help Y'all? - Everyday there is math tutoring at 1:00 on Google Meet, nickname code jjmath. We will usually have 2 different teachers there each day to help out with any of your math questions.
- Need Help? - Google Help Meet Nickname: Thompsonmeet - Everyday from 11:30-noon we have a Google Meet for students and partents that might need help from McDowell Virtual Academy. You can come for help with Canvas, schedules, attendance policy questions/issues, tutoring/tutoring scheduling, technology questions, or just about anything education related. If we can't help you right away we will do our best do have someone address your issue or question by the next school day.
- New Attendance and Participation Policies - Here is the slide show that has the new attendance and participation policies, along with other important information about McDowell Virtual Academy - Academy - https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QSEbo0lMCRS7fEYMx4ssjkFURdVYez0wIW9Yo3gH0ac/edit
- Everyone need help remembering, right? - MVA has a Remind account for the school now. Remind is effective for text messaging announcements out to families as well as sending private messages back and forth. Please join our school Remind if you have not already with this link - https://www.remind.com/join/ehg8g2
CLUBS! - Students, we will start school clubs Wednesday, October 12th. Please sign up with the Google Form found here or in your Canvas announcements.
- Electives for Students - Electives are in Edmentum and ready to begin! Students, you can open Edmentum from your Classlink dashboard of apps that pop up when you login to your chromebook.
- Students, make sure you are checking your grades and missing assignments in Canvas.
- Parents, if you would like to become a Parent Observer of your student's Canvas here are step-by-step instructions. Get the app here.
- Some errors with Chromebooks right now are due to a Chrome update. Make sure to go to your 3 dots in the top right of chrome, go to settings and "about chrome" and check for updates. You may need to relaunch chrome when it shows it's finished. It's always a good idea to clear browser data every couple of weeks too. Here is a video on how to do those things.
- Virtual Freshman Orientation (for rising 9th graders) - HERE IS THE RECORDING.
- Mandatory Family Night - HERE ARE THE SLIDES of information from family night. Daily schedule, attendance information, how to sign up for Canvas observer and Parent PowerSchool are all linked.
Attention families of K-5 students enrolled for 2022-2023 School Year - There is a...
We’re sorry, no events were found for this calendar.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.