ALONE WE CAN DO SO LITTLE, TOGETHER WE CAN DO SO MUCH. ~HELEN KELLER
Our school treasures the support our community provides our families. If you or your child may be in need of assistance, please feel free to reach out and we will share ideas and resources that may be available.
- McDowell Cares: www.mcdowellcares.com
Anyone with a need of food can go to mcdowellcares.com to fill out the form. An email will then be sent to Mandi Pittman who is coordinating this effort at Grace Community Church. If families do not have access to the internet, they can call Grace Community Church at 724-9599 for assistance.
- McDowell County Food Resource List-updated 4/19/2020
- Food Assistance Resources- click here for many food distribution sites in McDowell:
- YMCA Emergency Resources:
- McDowell County Department of Social Services-resources for families in McDowell County: http://www.mcdowellcountyncdss.org or call 828-652-3355
*If you have a concern about abuse or neglect please call DSS to make a report. *
- NC-211: comprehensive listing of supports for a variery of community needs
https://www.nc211.org/ or call 211 Or 1-888-892-1162, TTY # 800-735-0533