Attendance is Important
Here are some things you can do to ensure that your child is prepared and that he/she wants to come to school:
- Let your child know that going to school is important - a good education lays the foundation for a good life.
- Set a regular homework time to ensure that your child is prepared each day.
- Show interest in your child's work.
- Make sure your child gets enough sleep each night.
- Don't give in to vague complaints that your child doesn't feel well. Speak positively abut the teacher and school activities.
- Contact the school immediately if you suspect your child is being bullied or harassed. Don't expect your child to handle it alone.
- Don't hesitate to ask for help. Share your concerns with your child's teacher - your child may need extra help.