Health Services


Nurse's Corner for West Middle and Foothills Community Schools


Don't forget to get the proper Medication Authorization form completed for your child to have medications at school and on school activities. Have them come by the nurse office to pick one up if needed.  If you can't get to their physician's office soon, I can fax it to them to get it signed with your signature on the back of the form. This can include emergency medication such as Benadryl, Inhalers or Epi-pens or daily medications for health concerns including ADHD.

IEP-504 Plan logo

Does your child have a 504 or IEP plan at school?  If they do, I will be glad to come to their yearly meeting. Just send me an email of the date and time, and I will be there.

Chart showing differences between cold and flu


Fall is here and will shortly be on its way out only to be followed by Old Man Winter. Each year we see kids coming to school in the cold still wearing shorts, short sleeve shirts and many times no jacket.  We all know how fast middle schoolers grow and some times money is not available to replace these items. Please give me a call, or shoot me an email ( if you find yourself in a situation like this. I will meet with our student support team and hopefully, we can come up with a way to help you out in getting these needed things for your child. 

Also, I personally know that many times kids prefer to not wear long sleeves, pants, and even jackets. I had a child just like this. Please don't be upset if one of our staff calls to see if there are any concerns or needs. We only want our students to have what they need to succeed.

Student with backpack walking across campus in snow

Welcome to the Nurses Corner. 

On this site, you will be able to find out what is going on related to health at my schools. Below are forms you  may need throughout the year for health concerns with your child. Please feel free to download these and send to me as conditions change.

Since West and Foothills are in the same building, I am there most days but I would call first if planning to visit me.

Normally my hours are 7:30 am - 3 pm.

REMINDER on Medications

No Student can carry Medications around with them at school unless

An Emergency Medication 

that has been approved by the school nurse. This is a North Carolina State Law. Any

student found with an unauthorized medication on them can get up to 1 year of suspension from school. Also note that teachers and staff cannot give your child Tylenol, Ibuprofen or anything else not even if the parent calls them. To do so is against the law and could cost them their job.  

Please Do Not Ask.

Health Forms can be found below.  Please print off as needed and return to the School Nurse Office.