Kindergarten Registration Information
To register your child for Kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year:
- Your child must be five (5) years old on or before August 31, 2020
- You must provide proof of child's age
- You must provide a copy of the child’s immunizations. State law requires the minimum doses:
- 5 DPT, DPaT, or DT doses (If a 4th dose is after 4th birthday, a 5th dose is not required; DT requires a medical exemption for Pertussis.)
- 4 Polio vaccine doses (If a 3rd dose is after 4th birthday, a 4th dose is not required.)
- 1-4 Hib doses (Series complete if at least one dose given on/after 15 months and before 5 years of age; not required after age 5.)
- 3 Hep B doses (Children born on or after July 1, 1994, are required to have 3 doses.) The last dose of the Hepatitis B series shall not be administered prior to 24 weeks of age - effective 5/17/02.
- 2 Measles doses (at least 30 days apart; 1st dose on/after 12 months of age)
- 2 Mumps doses (on/after 12 months of age)
- 1 Rubella dose (on/after 12 months of age)
- 2 Varicella vaccines required for those born on or after April 1, 2001. An individual with laboratory confirmation of varicella disease immunity or has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against varicella is not required to receive varicella vaccine. An individual who has documentation from a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician's assistant verifying history of varicella disease is not required to receive varicella vaccine. The document shall include the name of the individual with a history of varicella disease, the approximate date or age of infection, and the health care provider's signature.
- Your child must have a current physical completed within one (1) year before the Kindergarten start date. This physical includes a vision screening. A comprehensive eye examination is required for children who fail the vision screening for students entering the school during the 2009-2010 school year (House Bill 2699). Please call to make an appointment as soon as possible.
Early Admission to Kindergarten
In the summer of 1997, the North Carolina General Assembly passed HB-1099, allowing early admission to Kindergarten of a child who has reached his/her fourth birthday by April 16 if the child demonstrates extraordinary academic ability and maturity.
For More Information: Click Here