English Language Learners
English Learners (EL) Support Links:
- English Learners Remote Learning Resources from NCDPI
- Practical Strategies & Resources to Teach K-12 ELs Online from SupportEd
- MCS EL Support Padlet - https://padlet.com/hanna_hagaman/5y64c1mxygg5
- Google Classroom Video (Spanish) - https://www.wevideo.com/view/1640838468
- ReWordify Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ROK8OneVvU&feature=youtu.be
- Digital Trail: What information is OK to have in your digital footprint? We can help our students be SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, and RESPECTFUL online!!
- WIDA Newsletter - Teaching Multi-lingual Learners Online
- WIDA Early-Years-Family-Activities-ENGLISH
- WIDA Early-Years-Family-Activities-SPANISH
- 12 Ways to Support ELs in the Classroom
- WIDA Can Do Descriptors- provide guidance based on a student's proficiency level
- Google Translate
- Read&Write Extension for Chrome
- Khan Academy Spanish Website-lessons in math, science, and computer coding
- Duolingo--a free app for students learning English, or educators who want to learn a new language
- CAL--Go-To Strategies- describe a variety of activities to engage ELs
- TedEd- lessons on a variety of subjects and often include videos or animation
- https://www.writable.com/ - a website that reflects WIDA standards, compatible with Google Classroom and recommended for grades 3-12. It has some great features including virtual peer editing.
- Video in Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42DiStsBOho
- Video in English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRZdUtmH8k
- Google Translate Video - https://youtu.be/WqU-04HrhOE
Our ESL Staff
ESL Lead Teacher
Ms. Pedroza graduated from the University of Michigan and began her career as a high sc...
English as a Second Language Specialist
Hi, My name is Ingrid Ramirez and I am the ESL specialist at Marion Elementary School ....