Contact us today with any questions that you have about employment with the MCS School Nutrition Department.
MCS School Nutrition
2107 Sugar Hill Road
Marion, NC 28752
Emailing School Nutrition Director Jonathan Haynes
Applications for employement: Paper Application or Digital Application
It is the goal of McDowell County School Nutrition Services to see that all children have access to healthful meals at school. The nutrition program is structured to offer nutritious choices to help children develop healthy food habits for a lifetime. The program is operated on sound business principles and practices, as it is the only self-supporting program in the school system.
School Nutrition has 90 employees who serve 7,000 lunches and 3,000 breakfasts daily. They are housed in 11 school sites. In addition, they cater meals to 5 Head Start Centers and 3 preschools as well as the Accelerated Learning Center.
Free and Reduced Meal Application
Free and Reduced Applications for McDowell County School
Now you can apply on-line for your children to receive free or reduced price school meals. Your application will be sent from a secure web site directly to the McDowell County Schools Nutrition office, so you don’t need to worry about filling out a paper form that could be lost or misplaced.
Once your application has been received the district office will determine your eligibility and send you a letter with the results.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
K12 Payment Center
- Quick and easy payment system for your student’s meals and/or school fees
- Deposit to multiple students’ accounts with one single payment
- Payments are easily made for not only school meals, but fees as well (such as merchandise, apparel, supplies, tickets, yearbooks, parking fees, etc.)
- Recurring payments can be set for monthly or weekly deposits
- School fees can be assigned to your student by the school district, making it quick and easy to pay for what you need to
- Notifications are sent via text or email when new school fees are assigned to your student
- School fees can be set up to allow for payments to be made in partial payments
- Multiple K12PaymentCenter accounts can link to one student, giving more than one individual the ability to pay on a student’s account
- Step-by-step registration is easy and account management is simple and intuitive
- Secure payment processing
- Your information is confidential – we do not sell your information to anyone!
- No maximum payment amount
- Access K12PaymentCenter on Facebook
- $1.95 (may vary by district) fee per transaction
- See your student’s meal account balance anytime
- Automated notifications via email and text when your student’s meal account balance falls below an amount you choose
- See 90 days of meals and fees purchased and payments made, which gives you peace of mind knowing exactly where your money is being spent
Parent and Student Forms
- Guidance for Completing the Medical Statement for Students with Unique Mealtime Needs for School Meals English (6/17)
- Guía para completar la Declaración Médica para Estudiantes con necesidades únicas para comidas escolares (8-17)
- Padres solicitar sustitución de leche fluido programa de nutrición escolar 2017.docx
- Parent-Guardian Request for Fluid Substitution English 2018