School Policy Information
A pandemic is an outbreak of an infectious disease. The Superintendent shall establish a Pandemic Response Team ("PRT") to develop a Pandemic Plan in coordination with local government and law enforcement officials.
The Pandemic Plan should include:
- a communication method for school schedule changes, busing changes, and school closure;
- an educational pandemic prevention program for staff and students;
- provision for the business office to maintain continuity of operations during a pandemic;
- provision for distance-based learning for students (i.e., Internet instruction, community channel broadcast) to maintain continuity of education;
- policies and procedures for staff and student absences and extended leaves of absence due to a pandemic;
- policies and procedures for isolation and possible transportation of students and staff who become ill at school due to a pandemic;
- a plan of communication regarding pandemic status to students, parents, and staff;
- a plan for operating the District with less staff due to a pandemic;
- a designee responsible for establishing timelines within the Pandemic Plan and ensuring that such timelines are met and implementation of the plan occurs; and
- other emergency procedures necessary for the District to deal with a pandemic.
The Pandemic Plan should be reviewed annually by the PRT and updated as appropriate.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.