Speech and Audiology
Speech-Language Therapy Services
Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, school-based speech-language pathologists provide prevention, assessment, and remediation services for students who exhibit difficulties in the areas of language, speech, voice, and fluency. These services are designed to help children meet their educational goals.
Speech-Language Pathologists and SLP-Assistants
- Marie Mock, SLP, and Karen Hollifield, SLP-Assistant: Glenwood Elementary 828-738-4220
- Savannah Helmer, SLP: North Cove Elementary and East McDowell Middle 828-756-4342
- Summer Allison, SLP, and Gabrielle Conner, SLP-Assistant: West Marion Elementary 828-738-3353
- Julie Steele, SLP: Pleasant Gardens Elementary and West Marion Elementary 828-724-4422
- Kendra Kugel, SLP: Nebo Elementary 828-652-4737 and Head Start 828-652-3229
- Stephanie Norton, SLP: Marion Elementary and Pleasant Gardens Elementary 828-652-2141
- Justine Koglin, SLP: Old Fort Elementary 828-668-7646
- Chris Tonelli-Staats, SLP: Virtual SLP at McDowell High School, East McDowell Middle School, West McDowell Middle School, Marion Elementary, Eastfield Global Magnet, Pleasant Gardens Elementary, and Marion Elementary. firstname.lastname@example.org
Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, the audiologist assists with scheduling appointments for audiological evaluations, administering standard diagnostic tests and procedures, obtaining additional/supplementary diagnostic records, formulating conclusions and recommendations, and interpreting diagnostic information.
- Susan Chase: based at Old Fort Elementary 828-668-7646